I was playing piano just then and I had this thought - the realisation that our grade has changed. It feels as though that spirit has disappeared, though it lingers in the background. There's not much that really holds us together, it feels as though people are moving into groups (which is perfectly normal, mind you) but even when we used to do that, there was always this connection between us all. I don't know what it was that happened, but I remember always saying collectively that we were an amazing grade and there was that rusefourteen spirit and we all meant a lot to each other. Right now I don't think that spirit is at play; we all live in this world that for some, is consuming. Academics is consuming some of us. Doing well in exams and everything else is fine, but remember everything else is important too. Think back to last year at sports assemblies. Whenever someone got an award we always cheered right? What happened this year? Why did that die out? Did we stop acknowledging these things since they felt like a common occurrence? As a grade, we have grown in numbers and we have all changed. Some of us have grown up, others are still growing. Why are we losing all of that? The open support, grade love... I would hope that it is still all there. Grow, but grow with the same values and morals.
Since Mr Iverach left, I think that we lost someone who was part of rusefourteen as well. Rusefourteen lost it's year advisor. Not quite sure if that really made a difference, but who knows.
Maybe all of the above is not quite true for everyone and it isn't an accurate representation of the grade, but I feel that some days its just like that. Rusefourteen, lets find that spirit again, shall we?
No comments:
Post a Comment