I feel like I should be saying goodbye to this blog, since this was for the high school era and all - but I don't quite have the courage to let it go and start a new one yet. Uni is a whole new world - fast-paced, hectic, and generally there just hasn't been enough time to do everything that I want and need to do. I miss writing and blogging, but that's really just my fault for not setting enough time aside for me to do things that I want to do, and to relax in general.
Procrastination comes in many forms, two being participating in lots of extra curricular activities and socialising. If uni has taught me anything so far, it is that you gotta work hard, and then party hard.
I'm going to start writing again because being a media and communications student, well, this is my jam! It's what I'll be doing for the next few years and as the lecturers say, 'You must develop an online presence'. I've always had one in a sense, but I don't think this is something I want people to find several years down the track.
There's been lots of familiar and unfamiliar faces around these last three weeks, with many of those unfamiliar faces becoming more familiar (ie: I'm making friends). I'm lucky though - I already have some close friends nearby that I can rely on if anything happens, and its always much easier to meet more people if there's people you already know. I miss people too - all of us do. But you just have to make do and remember that they're still going to be there for you, and thanks to technology (domesticated technology seeping into our homes and our private lives ahem) they're literally a few taps away. The downside of this is that other randoms can contact you with information that you don't necessarily want to hear, but you'll read regardless. Such is human nature. Then comes the question of the credibility and integrity of such information and the source - can you trust them? What are their intentions? Are they telling the truth to benefit themselves or you?
I guess that's why I took arts courses and another course in critical thinking. :-)
Hope everyone's uni experience is going well so far and everyone's healthy and going well! Look after yourself, friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment