I am really stuck on my arts essay at the moment so I will write a blog post. #logic
In all seriousness, I think I need to organise my life better so I'm not left with a pile of work that almost overwhelms me, especially since I know I can't do a lot of work on one thing at once. If that made any sense at all. The fact that I stay calm in tough situations does help, although I tend to get stressed over little things. Academics I will conquer you.
On another note, med revue 2k15 is going along well, and it really is a wonderful community to be a part of. I feel much more at home there than with BSOC, and although I love all my BSOC friends I don't really quite fit completely. Maybe now that my attitude towards partying and drinking has changed (don't worry friends, I drink socially and in very very moderate amounts), I can see things differently and accept how things are in uni. And I like it. I love how free I feel talking to people older than me, and how we can all run around uni on an amazing race together without any of those age barriers. Its a wonderful feeling when you can be connected to and have fun with people who you don't see as 'just your elders and someone to respect' and when they don't treat you as someone who's really young. Last night was honestly just some good fun and I hope show week will be just as awesome.
I think that in the last year in high school, we were deprived of any unintentional contact with similar people who are slightly older than us and I just struggled with having no one to look up to, and no one to really look to for advice. The ruse community is wonderful, but I feel like I needed more because I'd grown up and it was no longer enough for me.
I'm glad I've finally settled into uni enough that I'm starting to enjoy (and dislike) parts of it and I can function normally without being worried over silly things like friends and meeting like-minded people. I'm really grateful for both my peer mentors, my camp leaders and the med revue community for being so welcoming and giving general tips to surviving and adjusting to uni. I'm grateful to have met all these wonderful people, from first years to people who have graduated and are back to study more or help out. And I'm always going to be grateful for my wonderful friends who always stick by me and help me when times get tough and can let loose and just have some good ol' fun times. :) Its definitely been an eventful 2 months (almost) and I can't wait to see where the next few years will take me.
No comments:
Post a Comment