Wednesday, August 22, 2012

gravity of tempered grace

So that was an interesting revelation. I need time to take that in. Though I'm glad you told me, and I believe you when you say you don't lie and you don't break promises. But one sentence managed to change my view on them. So if that person did that.. then I need a reality check. Really need one.
Hahaha we do talk a lot. :D And I really hope you're not watching chuck at the moment. :)

Go Back to Where You Came From is a really influential but also really deep and moving documentary. Watching it in geo makes me enjoy geo.. and it really makes me think. There's so much more to refugees' stories than what we hear about on the news, there's so much stuff that is untold. There is so much that they got through and there are so many tough decisions where death could be the result of either. I also think that the whole 'boat people' situation is being blown out of proportion, but I understand that there are differing opinions on this which contradict each other. Some believe they should be sent back to the own country, some think we shouldn't be spending so much money on housing them in Australia whilst they wait for claims to be processed. Some think that they should be helped, others really just don't care. Some people don't understand, and this is one of the causes and problems of the whole 'boat people' situation being blown out of proportion.

Happier note, ag!

No comments: