I've been an idiot. Still am one. Blinded by my own hope, blinded by bliss around me. I did not see damage done until it was too late. Things have changed and I must see them as they are now.
If you had a sinking ship, and there was still a chance to save it, would you? Saving it would mean lots of hard work, effort and time. You might still lose it, but there is a chance. Would you take the chance? Or take the easy way out and let it go, letting it sink to the bottomless depths of the ocean never to be seen again, leaving only a wreck? If you had one chance would you take it? You might never know it's worth, but leaving it to sink may lay on your conscious forever. Guilt. Regret. Pain. Loss.
What about the forces again me? What about people who will deem it unworthy of being saved? What if the ship itself wills the ocean to swallow it?
There are only two things that truly matter here, two things that can change the outcome - my actions, and the course of the ship itself.
As for the forces and people around me, nature and time will deal with them as they come.
I will try.
No comments:
Post a Comment