Wednesday, June 12, 2013

night after night from nowhere it seems, I hear that haunting waltz of my dreams

I don't feel as though anything I write here in words will do musical justice. It was that good. It was better than Crazy for You, even though it seemed like we wouldn't get there. But we did! And I think that overall, it was one of the best experiences ever. Not just in the performance (because, lets face it, what kind of performance isn't exhilarating and exciting and the best fun ever) but what I learnt and what we learnt as a group (the year 11's as well as choreos). It was good. I won't forget it, but for some reason I don't feel the same withdrawal as I did in previous years. It doesn't feel the same. The end of it. It really doesn't.

In some ways, I'm relieved it's over, but it's also somewhat saddening. That's it. And so much closer to leaving.

In fact, every day is a day closer to leaving. I mean, prefect nominations were today. But we just don't think about it that way. If you take a step back however, you seem to see that there are so many unanswered questions to do with the future that need to be resolved soon, but it always feels like there's never any time to.

Year 11 is so damn busy. I don't know if taking 14 units is a good thing or not, I'm wondering how I'm going to keep up with my expectations and/or the teachers' expectations. Maybe my parents too. More me though.  It's just busy period after busy period after busy period. Everything we do seems to count towards something, it all eventually becomes useful. Too bad it means extra hours if you don't know the background stuff already.

So many photos to go through/post up/get off my phone haha. I should clear it out.

I think prefects may bring out the best, and the worst in people. Can't help it, it's human nature. Will be interesting though.

In a strange calm. Nothing academic related bothers me that much anymore. Not sure if that's good. Or bad.

PS: I think I only ever blog when I'm calm. When I'm stressed its not usually here. LOL.

No comments: