Monday, January 18, 2010

18/1/10 To Gold Coast-Burleigh Heads

9:26am 18/1/10
Just left the motel and we're heading to Burleigh Heads near the Gold Coast. We're crossing the border today! At Goondiwindi. :D it's sunny here, and pretty warm. Not sure about Sydney cause when I watch the weather, I watched Brisbane. xD we will be going there aswell I hope. :) but I've already been there. ;) I see lots of green everywhere. :L and yesterday, I saw heaps of corn growing in fields! Heaps as in lots and lots and lots so you wouldn't be able to count them all. And there's this railway track which follows the road wherever we go. Follows the highway (we're on N39). Will write more later. :)

9:44am 18/1/10
Just noticed that we have clear blue skies today. Add on the very straight road and all the different shades of green, it's pretty and the horizon looks awesome. xD

10:33am 18/1/10
nearly at Goondiwindi! (which is on the other side of the nsw border... In QLD) which means crossing the border! Yayers! Nearly Queensland!

11:41am 18/1/10
Just realised that the roads in the country aren't tared. (or tarred, or however you spell it. ) so it's just all these little blacks stones on the roads... Which makes it awfully noisy. :( I'll be happy when we get back to the city tarred roads. no more of that noise droning on.

12:08pm 18/1/10
There might be something wrong with the car. :S this light keeps turning on. And we don't know why. It goes when we turn the car off and restart, but sometimes it still turns back on again. it's done that 3 times now. Nor do we know what the symbol means.

1:13pm QLD 18/1/10
It's 2:13pm in Sydney. ( I forgot to wind back an hr here in queensland.) I just had lunch in Warwick. We're now 190km from Burleigh Heads. And I realised we're back on tarred roads!! ^^ yayers.
(all the times ahead are QLD times until it changes back to NSW).

1:24pm 18/1/10
I said that too soon. :( we're on untarred roads again and now we're heading towards mountains. We have to get over them to get to the coast. :)

2:55pm 18/1/10
It is so stifling hot here. I'd actually rather sit with the windows rolled down than actually turn the air con on. The wind blowing on you is nicer. :) we keep smelling something like a bushfire or something. I hope it's backburning. about 35km till gold coast.

9:16pm 18/1/10
Settled down in apartment in Burleigh Heads. On the 7th floor. D: there will be alot of stairs if we had to go down by them. :/ -looks down from balcony- =/ don't wanna be falling off that. The lift is very ... rickety, as I would describe it. I'm a weird person. :L I think we're going to Dreamworld tomorrow, and Whitewater the day after. :) giant drop! :O here it comes. :/ Syd time is different... Nothing else that's happened. Although I wish I went for a swim earlier. :) nothing else I think.
Bye for now!
-Lauzire (iTouch)
xx

No comments: