Tuesday, February 07, 2012

if only you saw what i can see;

A proper post. Not one thats really ranty. Actually I take that bad because I've got some things to say.

Swimming carnival yesterday! Well done to all you amazing people for cheering for your house, going in races (no matter if they're participation or championship), for getting sunburnt (i hope not!) and congrats if you made it to zone! :) I'm still not quite sure who won the carnival. I haven't given up hope on Mullavey!

High resolves presentations were today. They were actually all really interesting to listen to. All the visuals, random jokes, silly answers and serious business made it really interesting. Every issue had its problems and it was something we all were exposed to. Especially discrimination. It happens at Ruse, but for some reason we just don't see it. I reckon it gets worse outside of ruse.
There's one thing that gets me really annoyed - the stereotype that all ruse kids are smart, good at maths, have really good grades and go on to do law or med. seriously? The other day I was somewhere (outside of school) and I asked a simple question (on maths, shut up LOL) which I didn't understand. The rest of the class had learnt it but I hadn't. As soon as I ask the teacher to explain it to me, one of the guys in the class says something like 'She goes to James Ruse, she should already know that'. I didn't let it bother me at the time, but today I realised that's actually really unfair.

I am such a bad vice president. I don't even deserve that title.

Another question, should I do high resolves this year?
and we started ballroom. in pe. haha.
AND to whoever wrote all those 'you are the _____ to my ____', on four of those heart post it notes, you're amazing! It caught my eye when I saw ' you are the Finnick to my Annie' ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANYA! :)

No comments: