Friday, November 16, 2012

smiling but we're close to tears

After I got home, I made myself a hot chocolate and sat down. Chocolate is very good for you. Especially dark chocolate. It's good comfort food.
Then I started writing this.

It hasn't been a good day, or week, for some of us. There is always one of these weeks in every semester. Or something like that. It's when everything seems to end up piling on top of each other and you don't notice anything happening. Suddenly it strikes, imploding/exploding and hitting you before you know it. Sometimes many people know, but most other times, it's only those around you that are observant enough pick up the little signs. Most people try to hide it. It's instinct to some I guess. But even though many say that 'I'll get over it" or "I'm fine, just tired" sometimes you know there's something wrong but you really can't do all that much about it, unless you know the right way to help them. Sometimes it's not your place to be asking and you have to let them be, however much it pains you.

It made me sad to see you like that, and I know that I wasn't the only one. We picked it up even though you tried it and even though we tried to talk to you about it, we worked out that it was the wrong thing to do. It made me really happy that we made you smile and made you happy, but seeing your eyes told a different story, and that it was only temporary. It wasn't enough, but it helped for the time being.

I guess there is a reason why we held a values day, and why the senior students said that the juniors don't have the same values as they do. (hahahaha) It comes with maturity, but there is one value that we've always had, and I hope that we always will. That caring and supportive spirit, the acts of kindness, how we are to each other.We have and will be there for each other and supporting each other. We have to help each other.
Remember our kindness and spirit rusefourteen. Always.


Today really was just one of those days where it dragged on and on.
I don't understand how I'm close to the least excited one out of all of us. Might be my 'don't cross your bridges until you come to them' motto, going to do whatever I feel like doing when it happens.

I'm seriously not mad at you, it's ok. :) Thanks for everything though. Actually. I don't know what I'd do without you haha. :)

We'll see what happens.

No comments: